The rise of fast fashion has done us a favour and a disservice. Thanks to the likes of Zara and H&M, styles make it from runways to the closets of ordinary consumers in a matter of days. It has never been easier to find great-looking, inexpensive clothes.
Unfortunately, the luxury of abundance seems to have come at the cost of function. We lose our wallets because our coat pockets don’t have zippers and realise too late that our new sweater is unbearably itchy.
In response, some startups have tried to create clothing items that emphasize function. In doing so, however, they have swung too far in the opposite direction. iPad pockets and built-in neck pillows seem like good ideas on paper. In reality, however, they make the clothes bulky, uncomfortable and certainly not great-looking.
. . . . .
At Zelus London, we believe that you shouldn’t have to choose between function and form. Apple’s chief designer Jonathan Ives said that design is ‘at its best and its most empowering when it simply disappears’. This idea lies at the core of our identity. We believe that when you look and feel good, you perform better.
Have you ever worn something you don’t feel suits you? Or had to carry your phone in your hand all day because your trouser pockets were too shallow? Little things like that distract you and keep you from performing at your best. That’s why our mission is to design simple, performance-centred clothing that empowers, rather than hinders you.
Now, we have created Nighthawk: a bomber jacket that designed to simplify the experience of city life. Nighthawk’s smart features lift everyday stressors off your shoulders, allowing you to focus on the things that really matter.
Nighthawk is probably THE best bomber jacket for 2019 Spring-Summer
- It’s made of an environmentally friendly, performance-centred fabric called Spacewalk, chosen out of dozens of options for being recyclable, breathable and incredibly lightweight, as well as completely waterproof and windproof.
- Reflective detailing gives you extra confidence on late-night commutes.
- All pockets are zippered for peace of mind in the city. We have also reinforced the outer pockets with waterproof seals so your belongings are safe no matter what the weather.
- A card pocket on each sleeve lets you tap into transport and make contactless payments without taking your cards out.
- An earphone access point and built-in hangers prevent tangling or loss of earphones.
- Made the switch to Bluetooth earphones? We’ve included a dedicated pocket for them, carefully placed to avoid signal blocking with your contactless cards.
In adding these features, we’ve never lost sight of the look of the jacket. We’ve gone through dozens of iterations and have finally landed on what we believe is the perfect combination of function and form: a tailored bomber jacket, optimised for modern life.
. . . . .
As veteran city dwellers, we know that life in a metropolis like London or New York can be both energizing and exhausting. With Nighthawk’s curated selection of smart features and application of outdoor clothing technology to everyday fashion, we aim to streamline the experience of city living.
. . . . .
If Nighthawk has piqued your interest, go check out the Nighthawk bomber jacket on Kickstarter – you can make a pledge in support of the project and pre-order a Nighthawk bomber jacket at a discounted price before it’s fully released this Summer.
Or you can register Nighthawk release notification if you would like to be notified when Nighthawk is fully released.